Signifyd uses machine learning to detect ecommerce fraud by using hundreds of data points, elastic linking and behavior data. To learn more about Signifyd’s process, visit our how it works page.
Integrating Signifyd on your online stores enables orders placed on your stores to be sent to Signifyd for Guaranteed Fraud Protection. This guide will cover the minimum components to build a successful asynchronous integration. You can find a complete list of all Signifyd APIs in the Signifyd API documentation.
This integration guide covers the general steps of integrating with Signifyd:
Order Flow Steps
Depending on your integration’s constraints, you may decide to submit orders for guarantee either pre or post authorization, and there are a few key differences to pay attention to.
- Signifyd's device fingerprinting script and mobile SDK collects device and behavioral data as users shop on your online store. This occurs silently without affecting the load times of pages or the user experience. Device and behavioral data is sent to Signifyd on page load while additional events are batched and sent via HTTP every 3 seconds.
- Pre-Auth: When an order is placed on your online store, prior to sending the payment authorization to your payment processor use the Checkout API to submit the order and payment details to Signifyd for fraud review.
Post-Auth: When an order is placed on your online store, after the order has been authorized by your payment processor use the Sale API to submit the order and transaction details to Signifyd for fraud review.
- Signifyd reviews the order for fraud using machine learning, elastic linking, and data enrichment.
- After the order is reviewed, Signifyd notifies your online store of the guarantee decision (typically approved or declined) through an synchronous response using HTTP POST or asynchronous via webhook. Synchronous responses are provided within hundreds of milliseconds without impacting your checkout experience.
- When your store receives the webhook message, you can trigger automated workflows in your system based on your specific business needs e.g. capture the payment and ship the order or void the payment and cancel the order.
- Pre-Auth Only: Use the Transaction API to submit the finalized order and transaction details to Signifyd.
Integration to Go Live
Was this page helpful?