Adding Device Fingerprinting
Signifyd’s device fingerprinting tags enable the collection of behavior (page view, clicks, mouse movements, etc.) and device data (operating system, browser, true IP, device Id, etc.) that helps bolster the identification of fraud. If you sell products through a native mobile application (iOS and/or Android), you will also need to integrate one of our Mobile SDKs.
This guide will cover the following steps:
1. Generate Session ID
The session ID is a random string that is unique to each checkout on your online store, not the user's browsing session.
Here are some suggestions for creating a unique session ID:
- Create a session identifier from a cookie and append the date and time in milliseconds to the end of the identifier along with a hexadecimal hash.
- Create a session identifier from scratch by using the date and time in milliseconds and a randomly generated hexadecimal hash.
- Use an existing session identifier from your online store and add a hexadecimal hash to the value.
2. Add the Script
Implementing on Your Website
Implementing on Your Mobile App
Refer to our SDK page and for the mobile SDK integration guide and other additional implementation details.
3. Send the Session ID
Add the data-order-session-id from the script and or mobile SDK to the order session Id in the body of the create case request.
Sending Session ID
- purchase['orderSessionId'] = uniqueSessionId;
4. Verify Device Fingerprinting
To ensure optimal performance of Signifyd's device fingerprinting each order includes a device fingerprinting status. If a case does not contain a successful device fingerprint, the status of the issue and steps to resolve are displayed on the Data Quality page.
When sending orders for device fingerprinting analysis we recommend you mimic your production store's checkout flow and create test orders for every channel you sell on. This will help you identify and resolve technical issues before deploying your integration to your production store.
- Create test orders for each payment method and payment gateway available on your store (stripe, paypal, check, credit card, Apple Pay, gift card, etc).
- Create test orders for each order channel available on your store (web, mobile app, social media, marketplace, phone, etc).
Reviewing Device Fingerprinting Issues
- Submit a case using the Create Case API.
- Go to Data Quality and search for the case you created.
- Review the status of the device fingerprint by clicking the Device Fingerprint button to expand the details pane.
- Refer to the Steps to Resolve section to resolve any issues.
- Repeat steps 1-4 until all of the issues have been resolved.
You have successfully added device fingerprinting to your store, to enable the collection of behavior and device data.
Was this page helpful?